Thursday, January 20, 2011

And Now We Wait

Well, I wait.

The Mets finalized major league deals with Chris Young and Scott Hairston today.  That means they will both be added to the 40-man roster and two players will have to be taken off the roster.  For most people that doesn't mean much.  They will be two players that were never expected to have a role on the 2011 Mets so the casual fan doesn't have much of a reason to care.  However, if you're me and your favorite player happens to be a catcher that has spent almost all of his career in the minor leagues then there is a reason to care.

So now that you know the Mets have added a starting pitcher and a player that play just about any position you can go back to your lives while I sit here waiting.  Hopefully the Mets will make this painless and take two other players off the roster.  But if they are going to take my catcher off I would really appreciate them doing it soon so I can get over it as quickly as possible.  Not that I would ever get over it.


Once the moves are made I will decide whether or not I want to judge the signings rationally or from my irrational possibly-upset mind.

I would be okay with this Opening Day roster.  (It includes my catcher.)

Let's Go Mets!

No comments: